I Made a Guitar From Recycled Skateboards [Full Build Journal at www.umme.life]

Hey everyone!! 

I have had an eye on Prisma guitars for a quite some time. Been skating for a long time and music is another passion of mine - even though I am no virtuoso doing either. Thus, I didn't think I was good enough to own one of Nick Pourfard's amazing shred handles.

In any case, I went through some difficult times last year - not just due to the pandemic. A good friend of mine then convinced me to start a guitar building project. In early Winter 2020, I finished my first guitar build ever, the Umme - Skate or Don't model, a Custom Jag Shaped Skate Guitar. Since then, I have spent a lot of time creating a web space to capture my journey.

It all turned out to be a very impactful thing for me personally and I would like to encourage more people to realize similar passionate ambitions. Since this seems to be the place for likeminded folks, feel free to check out http://www.umme.life.

You may use this thread for any feedback or discussion regarding the project. 

Cheers and Skate or Don't
- Boodle

• Like 2

Cheers @Jolly & @Muzz! Wont be the last one I build, too. It has been way too much fun. I started supplying my homies with Umme decks and am giving out price-offs if they trade in old decks. This new "strategy" is working well and I already have about 40 new (old) boards.

I might consider producing body blanks and offer them to the outside world. From personal experience, I can say acquiring a bunch of used decks is a fairly difficult thing. Especially if you aren't a skater yourself or don't know anyone who skates.

Feel free to find umme.life on Instagram, if you want to keep in the loop. Of course, I'll keep an eye out here, too.

• Like 1