I have a split coiling humbucker. the single coil mode sounds loud while the humbucker on both have low output

alexbass

Provided all the quick connects are being plugged into the correct sockets, and none of the wiring has been fiddled with it should all just plug and play. Is this a new kit or second hand?

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but are you sure the louder split mode isn't actually the full humbucker mode?

3 hours ago, curtisa said:

Provided all the quick connects are being plugged into the correct sockets, and none of the wiring has been fiddled with it should all just plug and play. Is this a new kit or second hand?

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but are you sure the louder split mode isn't actually the full humbucker mode?

Yep all the connections are properly plugged 

none of the wires were fiddled with but somehow yeah the split coil is louder than the humbucker mode for some reason 

Hmm... Is the split coil louder as louder or louder as same volume but more noise?

The reason I asked is that I remembered my ancient Cervin-Vega t-shirt saying "Loud is beautiful... If it's clean!"

4 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

Hmm... Is the split coil louder as louder or louder as same volume but more noise?

The reason I asked is that I remembered my ancient Cervin-Vega t-shirt saying "Loud is beautiful... If it's clean!"

Its loud loud ;D normal loud and clear while humbucker is low and weird

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

those solderless kits with the pickup wires on a clip, have you made sure you haven't clipped them in the wrong way round? that could well give you single coil when you're expecting humbucker as it would essentially be flipping what the switch does on the push pull pot, and if you've just got one pickup clipped in the wrong way, you might get out of phase on the middle pickup selection, which would also be quieter. 

You said the HB mode is low and weird, does the Humbucker work properly on its own?

Also as Curtisa mentioned, are you sure Humbucker mode is actually Humbucker? Check which coils are active by tapping them with a small screwdriver or something, at low volume but not too low