Recapping an Ensoniq TS-10 Synth from 1993.

MiKro

HI all, I am in the process of doing a full electrolytic recap on an Ensoniq TS-10 synth/workstation. Man this is a PITA.

It happens to mine and I have not used it for about 7 years. I decided before I sell it as it sometimes has errors to recap this thing from end to end and fix any other problems I can find and fix.

So far just caps and one "A" key has a problem and I found a replacent key and waiting for it to arrive.

I will also go ahead and do a mod for the scsi board that will allow onboard 5volts for using the newer scsi5.5SD2 board as a plug in unit without outside need of usb power. That requires a 1n5819 schottky diode to be installed. Also be changing the soldered battery which is dying to a new clip in 2032 easy to replace battery.

So this is my day so far. :)

MK

Coilboards recapped for the keybeds. The new light blue caps

coilboards_newcaps..jpg

And the PSU using the same type blue plus two that are the black ones.

psucapsdone.jpg

• MiKro changed the title to Recapping an Ensoniq TS-10 Synth from 1993.

I know what a capacitor is and I've done some recapping for motherboards but when it comes to understanding electronics... To me it's as mysterious as women!

• Haha 1

Well I am done with it. started it up with my variac at 80VAC  now at 100VAC and all looks good and I am able to plug it into an amp and it sounds great so far. :)

A few more hours of variac time and bringing the voltage up to spec, then totally done and will do all final testing. YEAH!!! So far no magic smoke.

MK

• Like 1