Cracked Neck....Give me your opinion

Don't take this 100% seriously, because pictures can be deceiving. But I might take those floyd nut screws out, and if the t-rod nut access is at the headstock, I would take the nut off, wax the threads well, screw it back on the t-rod all the way, maybe force the crack open a bit more, work some wood glue or epoxy well into the crack, clamp the crack closed with whatever goofy set-up I would have already prepared for. Then after it's dry, I might use a big forstner bit to drill out the missing area, and make a tight fitting maple plug to fit in the hole.

But it seems there's some truss-rod metal right there at the missing area ? Forstner bit wouldn't be so good then. I might try to rout a perfect round hole with the dremel router.

Just some ideas, cuz not all headstock area cracks are the same.

First I'd superglue the crack and get it solid. Then I'd make sure the fretboard wasn't lifting. If it was I'd secure that too. Then I'd route a channel similar or equal to the size of that bubinga strip from the end of the strip at the scarf joint to around the E tuner, and fill that with a strip. You could match the bubinga or use maple. The channel would be uniform depth, flush with that rod anchor. I'd use bubinga if it were me, and I'd run the channel to about the 2nd fret so it made it look like the bubinga strip just went along into the headstock. Plus I'd like the channel/fill strip to cross the scarf joint line, to reinforce it, rather than end right on it. If you did it right you could really hide the evidence of any work.

From what I've seen 90% of the time you can actually see the truss rod from the countersunk floyd nut screw cavity's even on an perfectly good neck when it comes to Ibanez's. Thats always been a weak point about them on the wizard style design and profiles.

That is the case with the S370 neck I got on EBAY that I did the scalloping and mirror inlays on, but it wasn't the case on my original 540S neck where the truss rod seemed to be more precisely centered between the two screw holes. Maybe it's one of the differences between the quality of japanese and korean Ibanez's.

That is the case with the S370 neck I got on EBAY that I did the scalloping and mirror inlays on, but it wasn't the case on my original 540S neck where the truss rod seemed to be more precisely centered between the two screw holes. Maybe it's one of the differences between the quality of japanese and korean Ibanez's.

Exactly :D

Exactly :D

Are the rolling eyes about Ibanez or is there something wrong about my post?