replacing a headstock?

I think it woulod be possible, seeing how many guys have repaired necks with broken headstocks, you'd just intentionally saw off the headstock and glue a new one. I myself wouldn't want to run a risk and damage an otherwise perfect neck. I think I'd rather build a new one with the desired headstock shape. Look in the repair section on the main site for info on broken necks

so long

ace

Well, everything's doable. If you're talking about a broken headstock with failed repairs sometimes that's the only way. And on a set neck or neck through you can't really make a new neck. But if it's just for cosmetic purposes I'd recommend using the headstock that's already there and replacing portions of it. I turned a "hockey stick" or banana headstock into a straight string pull head by grafting portions on it. The laminates actually improved sustain, and I was able to add a volute where there wasn't one before, and now it has about a 5 degree angle too.

Exaclty as Frank says. Best thing, simply cut off a nice clean angle off the old headstock, jig the new "donor" wood onto the remaining old headstock section (dowel or biscut join for addded stability!), plane for thickness, lay your template, re-drill any holes for machine head posts which will be abscent, cut to shape, sand, seal, ect. My friend who I work with did a "Harpoon" style headstock conversion from a standard "Fender" - style headstock for me this way which came out stucturally (and artistically) perfect. Good luck. Jimmy K. :D

except of course that I would be more interested in going from a straight string-pull to a kramer-style pointy-head. on a neck-through.

in reality, I won't do it because I lack both skill and money, but it's still interesting...