Drak Build: The Sonic Crayon

I Am a Cat, in real life, I was told that by someone long ago.

Whenever I go to functions and I want to leave, or feel like leaving, I just leave, period.

I've done that my entire life (since I could drive and had my own car, anyway).

I never spend an hour on goodbyes, I literally just leave, just like a cat.

I always hear about it the next day, 'Where did you go, I turned around and you just disappeared!'

Which is when I was told I was just like a cat like that.

Dog people spend an hour on goodbyes and don't leave for an hour after they have decided to leave.

If I'm with a dog person, drives me absolutely crazy.

• Haha 1

So that didn't take any time at all, I totally breezed through the back in half an hour. Like cake.

Had everything ready from yesterday.

Paints already mixed, tape pieces already cut and saved from yesterday, weather is good, knew the routine.

I questioned whether to add some green to the back as there is green coming to the front.

And I decided no, its good and proper as it sits (know when enough is enough and learn When to Stop).

So the background is now done, just clearcoats. It is what it is, for better or worse.

I decided to leave the bit of red on the neck pocket.

When viewed from the back, that little bit helps the brain connect the red on the neck to the body, so that stays.

The real colorburst and primary theme is on the pickguard assembly anyway, this is all supporting cast material.

Chrome Floyd/hardware, not gold this time.

Hey, what's that sitting on the desk? Could it be a 360 Abralon pad? Why...I think it might be!

2cXqlFp.jpg

Tv0fJHR.jpg

8bTiBF0.jpg

EkkQDYz.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Drak said:

I AM Drak

Now that's something Google didn't tell an exact answer for...

I like this one though:

Drak is a fat, bearded dwarf with a squeaky voice. He wears little armour, even by the standards of the other barbarian characters

So...the colored arrows weren't working for me over time.

It was a kinda cool idea, and glad I implemented it and gave it a shot.

But the novelty wore off and I didn't see the lasting longevity in it.

I.e., ...I would not be loving it in years to come..

So this is a mockup in Paint, tho I just got done shooting it to look exactly like this, front and back.

Welcome to the new look.

LPbSV0T.jpg

2 hours ago, ScottR said:

I find many times the first idea or concept is the best. One of the hardest things to master in the creative process is knowing when to stop.

I agree that they arrows were on the other side of that stopping point.

While I agree with this, the whole concept from the beginning was to introduce the four basic colors to the body.

But in a way that didn't directly mimic the original idea or theme.

The pure black/white thing was just a 'pause' point until I figured out how to implement them to my satisfaction.

You have to be willing to try things and fail at it, all successful people experience failure, sometimes time and time again.

But they don't let it curb their ambition to take risks. Taking risks and failure are always part of the backstory of any success.

That's one thing I've always liked about building for myself.

That I can throw something (promising) straight off the cliff's edge and see whether it grows wings and flies or dies in a fiery crash-landing.

Both resolutions are OK, its the experience and taking the risk that oxygenates the blood in the end.

Not always hedging your bets for a 'safe' landing. Sometimes safe is just boring or repetative.

I must say I actually liked the arrows, they added some lightheartedness to the build. For some reason it made me think about old ocean liner posters.

Then again I can fully understand you may have reasons for your guitar not to look like the Lounge Guitar of the Love Boat!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottR said:

I find many times the first idea or concept is the best. One of the hardest things to master in the creative process is knowing when to stop.

I agree that they arrows were on the other side of that stopping point.

SR

Tell me about it. I think I went 120% on the front relicing of my Frankie. The back is perfect, but the front is a bit heavy in places. Nothing gaffer tape can't fix! That said, this has never been a phrase that sat in the same room as the WOD.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bizman62 said:

I must say I actually liked the arrows, they added some lightheartedness to the build. For some reason it made me think about old ocean liner posters.

Then again I can fully understand you may have reasons for your guitar not to look like the Lounge Guitar of the Love Boat!

Thanks Biz. I agree with the lighthearted comment, I absolutely saw that too, and thought it was a bit 'too' lighthearted for my tastes.

A little too Starburst Candy. I didn't 'not' like it, but I wasn't falling head over tincups for it either.

The thing you all can't see is the pickguard assy, which is going to have Lots of its own color.

There's color coming, believe me there is.

Its just about whether I wanted to mimic/mirror those colors on the pickguard assembly, onto the body or not.

I can see 'that' part, and I know none of you can yet. This is still background, this is still supporting cast material.

The Diva, with her bodyguards and paparazzi overflow, has not arrived on the scene yet.

Hold tight, I think it'll all work out by the end, we're not in crash and burn territory yet.

I believe there is a song for the Fat Lady to still sing in it.

And as I am apparently a fat bearded troll, we shall both need some leopard spandex outfits.

Uhh..btw, do they sell extra-extra large leopard Spandex?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drak said:

While I agree with this, the whole concept from the beginning was to introduce the four basic colors to the body.

But in a way that didn't directly mimic the original idea or theme.

The pure black/white thing was just a 'pause' point until I figured out how to implement them to my satisfaction.

You have to be willing to try things and fail at it, all successful people experience failure, sometimes time and time again.

But they don't let it curb their ambition to take risks. Taking risks and failure are always part of the backstory of any success.

That's one thing I've always liked about building for myself.

That I can throw something (promising) straight off the cliff's edge and see whether it grows wings and flies or dies in a fiery crash-landing.

Both resolutions are OK, its the experience and taking the risk that oxygenates the blood in the end.

Not always hedging your bets for a 'safe' landing. Sometimes safe is just boring or repetative.

So your first idea was to see where you could go with the four basic colors. In which case you haven't come to the stopping point yet.

Carry on.

SR

@Bizman62 I totally trolled you (since you called me a troll, I felt rather justified) 😇

And you fell for it faster than a juicy steak presented to a man dying of starvation.

The rat squarely sequestered in the cage. (I actually love rats, used to keep them for years)

You just got double-dwarfed, my good man.

We all know no one needs to see any more spandex pics, there was even a warning about it as I recall.

rats Archives - Futurity

22 minutes ago, ScottR said:

So your first idea was to see where you could go with the four basic colors. In which case you haven't come to the stopping point yet.

So, there is progress. I actually like the expanded black section that now meets the red with no white gaps.

That in itself I like better, so that's a firm step forward.

I may or may not wind up doing any colors on the body now, the way it looks, I think, is strong enough to support the 'guard as it sits.

Once bitten, twice shy, as they say.

24 minutes ago, Drak said:

We all know no one needs to see any more spandex pics, there was even a warning about it

OUch! I forgot about that! If the mods now kick me out of this community it's your fault!

On the bright side, those joggers are much more family friendly than the long sleeved briefs that first popped up!

'70's Pimpin' Superhero theme, take your pick.

Speaking of pics, the Pickguard (which can only add to the Superhero theme) ...still not here yet.

I put a little bit of white in with the yellow so it wasn't so super-dark yellow, not much, but effective enough.

So now it's '70's Movie Superhero instead of 'Chuck E Cheese's Sunday Afternoon W/ Free Chicklets Party'.

"Hey Kids, Remember to Bring Your Mom! 😇"

Super Fly (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Superman LED Logo Wall Light | Sideshow Collectibles

l26ftMK.jpg

58CvXFT.jpg

• Like 1

Now that's a real improvement! Before the yellow it made me think of the heraldry of my hometown but now it's something entirely unique! The blue fretboard would suit the theme but obviously you can't have it...

kuva.png.752de5a8457277a7fae8b69ea95fa02e.png

• Like 2