My last build of 2021? - Fender Jaguar/Marauder

Prostheta

This thread is part of a larger idea, which is for ProjectGuitar.com members to vote on which guitar I build as the last of 2021. Each idea has a specific meaning to me which I'll be exploring within each of these four threads.

Find the main thread here: https://www.projectguitar.com/forums/topic/54175-vote-on-my-last-build-of-2021/

----

This thread is specific to my ideas of building a guitar based on something somewhere between the Fender Jaguar (common) and the similar Fender Marauder (rare AF). My fascination with the Fender Jaguar started after I spotted a HH (modded) Jag in Igorrr's "The Making Of Savage Sinusoid". I've always thought that the offset switch and control panel individuality of the Jag had unmistakeable cool. Then you go and make it do something that it was never intended to in the first place. Similar to the BC Rich Mockingbird proposal, I think this could be made into a super flexible guitar well beyond the scope of the original. In principle however, the DNA will be very very much a Jaguar but perhaps with a more convential scale.

My inspiration really was to take an instrument that is known for being jangly, clean and fantastic through a wet spring verb and do some monkeying to broaden what is possible. Nothing far from base, but enough to add something unique. Maybe a 7-string Jaguar that has the fit and finish of a 6-string? Shame that the Jaguar's stock tremolo doesn't look easily modifiable into a 7-string tremolo....having that, a locking nut and a roller bridge would be crazy cool. A bridge could have a retainer bar added which seats seven at the table, but that needs some heavy thinking for appearance, functionality and how to fabricate it reliably.