Any interest in an acoustic build?

I realise that most of the interest here is in electric instruments but I seem to remember seeing the odd acoustic in the dim and distant past. There's Ash's rabbit hole, but he seems to have disappeared down it ;) The acoustic in question was made for my nephew and finished in 2017, so it's not a new project. It would be quite a long thread with a lot of photos. So what do you think? (I could do an electric afterwards).

• Like 4

As a rule, acoustic builds get quite a bit of interest around here. Maybe because they are different from all the electrics, and probably because many of us electric builders are intimidated by the thought of building an acoustic......but secretly want to. There have been some amazing builds posted in the past. These days @Andyjr1515 and @ADFinlayson are getting most of the work done..

And we love watching them do it.:)

SR

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dave Higham said:

I realise that most of the interest here is in electric instruments but I seem to remember seeing the odd acoustic in the dim and distant past. There's Ash's rabbit hole, but he seems to have disappeared down it ;) The acoustic in question was made for my nephew and finished in 2017, so it's not a new project. It would be quite a long thread with a lot of photos. So what do you think? (I could do an electric afterwards).

2 minutes ago, ScottR said:

As a rule, acoustic builds get quite a bit of interest around here. Maybe because they are different from all the electrics, and probably because many of us electric builders are intimidated by the thought of building an acoustic......but secretly want to. There have been some amazing builds posted in the past. These days @Andyjr1515 and @ADFinlayson are getting most of the work done..

And we love watching them do it.:)

SR

Bring it on, Dave!

Yes - very interested :)

All build threads are important and worthy.

I suppose the main reason for this forum being more electric oriented is that a) building them is much easier and b) playing them through various buzzing gimmicks is easier.

So please do show us some real guitar building!