Hollow Core Door Tele

18 hours ago, ScottR said:

That thing does sound great!

BTW, I love the big middle clamp on you body glue up. I love to see ingenuity using common objects like that.

SR

Thanks 🙂
I’m not sure I’d consider it common. It’s a section of one of those gymnastic things that they walk on. Someone cut it up into three sections and put it out for the trash. Probably was several hundred dollars new. So, that middle section has a big height adjustable foot that can really put the squeeze on things 😁

I don’t know why the one photo is upside down here 😖

E00B7E5B-BBB0-41EA-8961-C868FEA7EF1C.jpeg

DA7E60F8-44C0-4483-800A-30DE36F41C0A.thumb.jpeg.350ce697404b5dcf4afffe483af230ac.jpeg

1 hour ago, soapbarstrat said:

I don’t know why the one photo is upside down here 😖

I can assure it's not your fault! It has happened to me in various places. The only workaround I've found for such mishaps is to make a copy of the image. For some reason the copy works just right. Or in this case upright.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soapbarstrat said:

’m not sure I’d consider it common. It’s a section of one of those gymnastic things that they walk on. Someone cut it up into three sections and put it out for the trash. Probably was several hundred dollars new. So, that middle section has a big height adjustable foot that can really put the squeeze on things 😁

Not common, but even better than I thought! I thought it was a 4x4 and a flange, using bar clamps and the table for the squeeze.

SR

• Like 1

I like the idea of using reclaimed wood. And in your case the door it came from was not repairable anymore so I think it was perfect idea to give it a new life in a guitar body. The texture on the top/back is really nice.

I like your guitar as you built it with all the tin can stuff and mismatched hardware. I have seen a lot of reclaimed wood guitar builds lately, and not all of them achieve the balanced mismatch look as well.

Personally I would like to build something with old beaten up reclaimed wood. I guess my approach would to just use the rustic texture on the top of the guitar. Kinda like as an alternative to a quilted/flamed top. Then bind the edges and use pristine hardware.

• Like 1