truss rod channel too big

I unfortunately milled out the channels for the truss rod and the truss rods a bit too big, 0.5 mm too deep and 0.5 mm too much away from the sides altogether (see attached photo). What would you do? Maybe just glue the carbon rods with wood glue and wrap the rectangular profile piece of the truss rod with tape in several places?

What would you do to the truss rod ends (channel a bit too long)? Should I "stuff" them with something or does the channel have to be a bit longer because the (doble-action) truss rod gets a bit longer when you turn the screw?

0CC9F9C8-DC4C-4B8C-80A3-D34E87EDDCC3.jpeg

Plugging is a common method for adding material to where you've lost it. For the carbon fibre channels you might find a suitable dowel, glue it to the end and cut the excess off for a square bottom. For the truss rod channel two dowels might do the trick, or you can knock the corners of a rectangular piece. As those will be permanently hidden and there will be no massive forces involved I wouldn't bother making plugs that have the same grain orientation or material, for this matter even bbq sticks should do if the thickness is right.

• Like 1

I did that on one of my early builds, 2nd or 3rd I think, I just wedged a bit of veneer down the side of the truss rod and it made it all snug, didn't even need to glue it in. I wouldn't worry too much about the channel being .5mm to deep either, once you've got strings on and a bit of load on the rod, it won't move around. Just remember the depth of your channel when you go to carve...

• Like 1