4 pole 3 position blade

Sethmetal

I have been in need of a part for a while now, a 4pole 3 way blade(Strat style)

I only use the neck series, bridge series, and would like to have the neck in parallell in the middle.

5 way switches are too finnicky when your trying to switch from a harsh and trebly ascending scalar run to a smooth and round sweep picked passage.

Where can I find such a switch. I know they make toggle style, but I want the blade.

Someone help.

Thanks for the help, but to answer both replies...

1. A regular tele switch is technically a 2 pole 3 throw, I need a 4pole 3 throw

2. The link shows a megaswitch 2 pole 3 throw, it is confusing because they make a 4 pole 5 throw, but their 3 throw is only 2 pole like a standard switch.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still stuck. Maybe they don't make this switch, but I don't know why. I've found several uses for it.

Thanks -Seth :D

I find that I only need 3 sounds. Yes, I can get these on a five way, but in real world situations....When I want the middle...often times I get the 2 or 4 position. My band has alot of fast changes and it doesn't usually offer me much time to switch effortlessly.

I like the 4th position for the clean sound. When I had a 5 way this was nearly impossible to switch to in some passages. I began wiring that position in the middle of a 3way and it works easier for me.

As I time has moved on I found that I like certain pickups in parallel and now I would like to ad that to the middle position., but I needa 4 pole switch to maintain the same pickup in series in a different position. What if I want to put both pickups in parallel in the middle and still maintain series pickups in 1 and 3.....I definitely need a 4 pole.

-Seth

That's a good idea, but I fear that the range of the switch might be too small to accurately get the middle position and not the 2 or 4 with some momentum. I'll try it with one of my regular 5 ways to see if I like it.

Good idea -Seth

i've always just bugged dimarzio tech with for wirring schematics since most of my pickups are dimarzio's... have you tried talking to the manufacturer of the pickup, tell them what you want maybe they can provide a solution that won't require a 4 pole?

if not just get the 5 way 4 pole and just don't use/wire up positions 2 and 4

or what about a standard 3 way with a dpdt switch for the neck pickup?

Sethmetal

ok i have two possible solutions.. i have some old switches i bought from a dealer when he closed down and i was using them in stompboxes.. and i have some pretty weird combonations.

and two i also have some nice carvin switches.. threeways.. double poles. but there is plenty of room to add say a second switch body and conect it physically to the other switch lever.. or three. i have an uncle in a machine shop and he has built custom pieces for me from his cnc machine. i could ask h8im to do me a favor if he isnt' too busy..

he does work for an airplane manufactor though.. so i dont' know his schedule. but between him and my stepdad they made me an aluminum prototype sevenstring floydrose style tremelo..

so he is used to my wackyness.

Thanks for the offer. I talked to the guy who makes the 4 pole 5way switch (Megaswitch company) He's this German dude, his last name is EYB. Anyway, he said I could take the 3 way switch and add on their 4 pole housing. I guess it's easy to do, he said he'd make me one if I was too lazy. So that takes care of that.

I'd really be curious to see a pic of your tremolo. I have a Locking trem fetish....yeah it's kinda sick......but I'd be interested to see what you've made. How does the alluminum hold up?

-Seth

well it was aircraft grade so pretty well a heck of a lot better than i thought it would. but i no longer have that guitar. i sold it to finance by current project that i am still workign on.. arghhhhhhhh

my 8 string gutiar..