TPDT Push pull pot?

musmanjam

Never seen one, but I could use the same thing, except a 4 pole. I figure if they're gonna add another pole, why not 2 :D

I'm always looking for things that aren't made. If I come across such a pot I wil post it on here.

I think a simply circuit with a few transistors and a small battery could do the trick.

If you'd make the switch control whether or not the circuit with the battery and transistors was closed or broken, you could set the transistors to control the other functions. I think.

Actually, wouldn't it rock to have a small switching board that allowed you to hook up up to 6 coils and then connect them any way you wanted? Maybe even program the most used ones into user banks...

I DID see an electronic switch some time ago, but it was very limited it what it allowed you to do.

I have an Ibanez proline with the push buttons, and another push button assembly that I saw someone at a shop throwing away! I saved it and it's going on a guitar I'm making. It doesn't let you choose coil combinations, but you can preset a pickup combination. With 3 pickup buttons you can do any combination and also preset tapping the bridge pickup. So you could go from, say, bridge hum w/middle single to bridge single w/neck single. Or from bridge hum to all three pickups as singles. A little off topic, but I also wanted to ask, what are you trying to do? Maybe there's a way to do it without 3 poles.

Actually, wouldn't it rock to have a small switching board that allowed you to hook up up to 6 coils and then connect them any way you wanted?  Maybe even program the most used ones into user banks...

I DID see an electronic switch some time ago, but it was very limited it what it allowed you to do.

I have an Ibanez proline with the push buttons, and another push button assembly that I saw someone at a shop throwing away! I saved it and it's going on a guitar I'm making. It doesn't let you choose coil combinations, but you can preset a pickup combination. With 3 pickup buttons you can do any combination and also preset tapping the bridge pickup. So you could go from, say, bridge hum w/middle single to bridge single w/neck single. Or from bridge hum to all three pickups as singles. A little off topic, but I also wanted to ask, what are you trying to do? Maybe there's a way to do it without 3 poles.

Is that a 1770? Those are nice. I look for them occasionally; the bound ebony sorta-ultra neck gets me going...

Is the 3 pole question for me or musmanjam? I've settled on a double-barrel switching setup combining a standard 5-way, a 4-pole 5-way rotary, and a push-pull dual coil splitter. That'll probably happen this weekend...

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/doublebar...arrel/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, wouldn't it rock to have a small switching board that allowed you to hook up up to 6 coils and then connect them any way you wanted?  Maybe even program the most used ones into user banks...

i actually used to have a strat clone.. it was a cheap little thing. but i managed to take out all the switches and leave only the volume knob in there. and sent all the pickup wires out thru two shielded cables.

after installing small low powered relays into the guitar to switch the pickups for me.. i built my dream pedal board.

three distoritons.

and all my basic pedals and fx loops

and some basic sounds..

my super sparkle clean strat..

bridge single and middle single. put a high pass filter on it and a load slight clean preamp. with all my reverbs and stuff

hendrix tone. super fuzzed out neck single and middle pos.

coustic all three coils on at the same time. notch filter. load resistor and a small preamp

vai/dreamtheater tone (this was tow presets one with short delay medium reverb and other with long delay harmonizing type thing ) full blown humbucking heavy distoriton..

anyway i had like twelve tones on there that switched not only my pickups but my eq my notch filters distortion levels and all the other funn stuff.

end result. i loved it ,, took 2 months to get it up and running from the day i started on it.

reason i sold it.. i got married and me and the little woman needed cash. so i sold it and the pedal board with all the pedals and stuff on it. for 1400 bucks.

i might have the schematic laying around if anyone wants to attempt this monster.

on a nother note too. i should mention that by the time i did all the mods. i had like 200 bucks in the thing.. counting all the switches and relays and stuff.. but the last time i checked into doing this again i found better deals on the interenet. this build was before i got heavy into the internet and finding online dealers..

Edited by ansil