Thicker fretboard

Well im thinking of building a version of the strat with h/s/s pickups. Im thinking of making the neck closer to a classical guitar which is a lot wider. i measured out the spread and it came to 41.8 mm and a 52 mm neck at nut, the bridge is standard. what im thinking is that the wider fretboard and strings will position the strings not perfectly over the rods of the single coil pickups, will this have any effect on the pickups?

If you're using a standard electric bridge you'll be fine. The strings will gradually move to the inside of the neck as you go higher up the register, though, since the bridge isn't the proportionate width. That's fine, but what it means is that with the standard bridge, your strings will never be farther apart than at the bridge. And that width is fine for standard pickups. You might notice it doesn't appear to be directly over the poles, but anything within 1/16" to either side is basically acceptable and will be within the magnetic field with no real volume reduction. If it bothers you, get a pickup with a bar magnet, a "rails" design, or a Carvin pickup. Those seem to shoot out a little farther.

If you made your bridge wider it could be an issue, otherwise I think you'll be fine.

One small note... If you haven't bought your humbucker yet, you might as well get an F-spaced one. The poles are slightly more spread out than standard spacing. Most humbuckers are available in both standard and F-spaced. Single coils are only made with F-spacing. You probably already know this , but just in case...

im going to use a standard bridge because the bridge for the classsical guitar im using the neck widths for is also 2 1/2in just like a standard guitar brid

also the electronic ruler im usiong to measure the spacings between the frets ionly goes out to hundreth of mm but the fret distances go out to the 1000th will it affect anything if i round the numbers

also the electronic ruler im usiong to measure the spacings between the frets ionly goes out to hundreth of mm but the fret distances go out to the 1000th will it affect anything if i round the numbers

just buy a presloted one