Humbucker distance from bridge

lotass

Although Im going to use my Gibson LP's bridge 'bucker placement for my new gutiar, I highly disagree with listening to the sound of a bridge pickup on different giutars, pick the one you like, and use that. There's so many more deciding factors (like people have pointed out) wood types, neck types, strings, other hardware etc. Just too inaccurate, you'd probably end up dissapointed. Maybe not in some cases though.

Anyways just ordered my bit from stewmac so i route in a couple days..

There's so many more deciding factors (like people have pointed out) wood types, neck types, strings, other hardware etc.

i agree about the wood type to an extent...with alder i place it a hair further from the bridge than with mahogany...and a floyd doesn't sound as beefy as a t.o.m.

but i just use my judgement

Wes, you poor soul! :D

First, for your neck pickup preference, but second for agreeing with me!

But seriously the PRS 24 fret sound is great, and I have a couple 24 fretters with humbuckers. I liked the original Jems with PAF Pros, too. But I like a really pronounced "Ooooh" sound with a fat attack and sort of a "wow" to the swell of the notes, and I think the 24 fretters have a flatter, more nasal sound, cleaner for high gain shredding, too. And coil splits with a 2 or 3 pickup 24 fret guitar have a different type of cluck that's very useful.