Another project idea

It's definitely possible to make a body out of pine. I'm sure it wouldn't sound very good, and you'd have to work a lot with it to get a good finish. Pine neck is pretty much completely out of the question though. I think one of the newbs here was gonna attempt a pine body. alloyguitarist or something like that. I haven't seen him around lately though, so I don't know if he ever did.

Devon

I am not sure what it is, i will check for yea

What about pine hollow body with a maple neck ( it cost me 75 cents for a finger board of maple) and then my pawn shop goodies? haha

sound bad, look good, sound bad, look good, not bad combo :D

Curtis

quoted from the page:

The woods used to create this beauty, are: Zebra wood (for the top), maple and wenge (for the center), walnut, (veneer, sandwiched between the top and bottom) and butternut (for the back). The Danish oiled finish provides a satiny smooth soft luster that brings out the beauty of the wood grain, and provides protection and appealing good looks. High gloss finishes are nice, but nothing compliments fine wood as well as an oiled finish! The back also features a cavity control cover made from butternut, proving much nicer than a plastic cover!

Curtis

Yes you can make a guitar body out of pine. Use Parana pine it is the same density as alder, but not very suited for clear finishes(can be very knotty)

Try boat builders if you can't get it in the usual places. I'm prety sure we fixed a boat that wat built out of it. B) I'm thinking if it was the boat :DB)

No, can't remember you'll have to try and find out :D:D:D