Fretting mysteries?

I built a compound radius fixture that cuts all 24 fret slots and surfaces the compound radius all at the same time. Compound 7" to 14". It works well on gaboon ebony and seasoned indian rosewood. I have never tried any other wood. It makes a perfectly level fretboard and when the frets are pressed in with the same amount of presure on my home made fret press the neck is finished with no fret work needed. If I can figure out how to post the drawings, I will.

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How or where or is there anything in the forums that will lead me to find any info on learning how to plane and level frets? I am interested in being able to fix high frets, humps , etc in the aftermarket fretboards/ necks I purchase. Electric bass necks . I'm finding that I need to learn how to do this/ these procedures. I'm in search mode- any help is appreciated. Thanks

How or where or is there anything in the forums that will lead me to find any info on learning how to plane and level frets? I am interested in being able to fix high frets, humps , etc in the aftermarket fretboards/ necks I purchase. Electric bass necks . I'm finding that I need to learn how to do this/ these procedures. I'm in search mode- any help is appreciated. Thanks

Take a look at these (two parts of one tutorial):

I found those videos super helpful.