Planning first guitar

Hello,

I found this site recently, and have been impressed with the amount of good info here!

Anyway, I am in the planning stages of building my first guitar and would appreciate some comments on what I have come up with so far. I would like to build something kind of unique, but thats kind of hard to do without making different just to be different... So, here it is:

Body shape somewhat like a strat style, but with a carved top and shaped different enough that its "not just a strat." I have been trying to decide on a body wood. Right now, I am thinking cocobolo. I know that will be heavy, but will it be way too heavy? What kind of sound can I expect? Or should I use another wood and just a cocobolo top?

I'm not sure what to use for the neck. It will be a bolt on. I've been thinking maybe maple or mahogany laminated with bubinga and an ebony fretboard. Any good suggestions here?

As for other parts, I am planning on a floyd rose trem. and emg-60 pickup at the neck, and either 85 or 81 at the bridge. Can the active emg's be used as single coils like passive p/u's?

OK, what does everyone think? I would like it to look different than what you can buy in the store. I'm not exactly sure what sound I'm after, but something fairly versatile.

Thanks.

As for other parts, I am planning on a floyd rose trem. and emg-60 pickup at the neck, and either 85 or 81 at the bridge. Can the active emg's be used as single coils like passive p/u's?

Thanks.

you need an 89 for that...it sounds like an 85 on humbucker,and has the option of splitting to a single