how deep do you route?

Just routed my humbucker about 1/2inch, wanted to know how deep you should routee for a humbucker and how deep for a single coil, thanks oodles B)

oooooo another question, if part of my stewmac single coil routing template got scrapped off a bit...does that not even matter if I'm going to have a pickguard because It would be covered? or should I still be extra careful because Im not sure about having a pickguard yet? Would it be very noticable? (it's a very small notch that just sort of curves up...some of the acrilyc got routed out on my practice session :D )

Oh yeah, I've nicked my fair share of templates :D

I learned to use a dab of superglue, let it dry, then sand it flat and back to normal.

If you're even thinking about using no pickguard, then hold up until you get it straightened out, it will be quite obvious.

Oh yeah, I've nicked my fair share of templates :D

I learned to use a dab of superglue, let it dry, then sand it flat and back to normal.

If you're even thinking about using no pickguard, then hold up until you get it straightened out, it will be quite obvious.

i just find it might be a hassle to make my own pickguard. Not sure if anyone sells S/H pickguards..seen S/S/H...S/S/S...and H/H, but no S/H

thanks guys, but can anyone help me with routing depth?

measure the depth, they are all slightly different

Erm I dont have my pickups yet...theyre either Dimarzio Evo or Breed, and Im undecided on the singlecoil because Im not sure whether to go with EMG or Seymour Duncan yet.