Floyd w/ Drop D Mechanism

...or you could just lock your Tremol-No, and use your trems fine tuner to drop you to D.

:D

can the fine tuners do that? i seem to remember trying and failing, they just don't have enough range, but i do agree the d-tuna and the tremol-no would be perfect for each other

If anyones interested ive got a drop D tuner im looking to get rid of - the normal EVH one. The spring is missing but Im sure I can find one if someones interested.

As for the Drop - d using the fine tuners idea, its possible on some floyds and not others (eg: not possible on my edge equipped RG550, but is possible on my schaller equipped charvel). I think it depends on many things aswell...string gauge, scale length etc...

can the fine tuners do that? i seem to remember trying and failing, they just don't have enough range, but i do agree the d-tuna and the tremol-no would be perfect for each other

Yes, you can do that if you set your trem up properly. The Tremol-No spokesmodel, Rob Keeler, has his 3120/LoPro setup this way. He's super-ninja at it now, and can drop to D before the lead singer finishes getting shot down by the hottie in the front row.

Guest AlexVDL

I've never seen these d-tunas in real before, but I guess they should work something like this. If I'm wrong please tell me so...

By pulling the lever back, the long allen screw moves up, so it lowers the tension of the string, so it lowers pitch. But with a floating bridge it will cause to detune every other strings, so to use this device properly you should lock your trem one way so you can only lower pitch.

dtuna.jpg

By pulling the lever back, the long allen screw moves up, so it lowers the tension of the string, so it lowers pitch. But with a floating bridge it will cause to detune every other strings, so to use this device properly you should lock your trem one way so you can only lower pitch.

you could also use a black box, that would allow you to pull the trem up and use the d-tuna without any probs