Ed Roman????

from what i've gathered over my time here, his stuff is good, very good..but somewhat overpriced - and the service is poor, very poor :D

so a search on ed roman on the forum - should give you the general opinion

dan

I think his stuff is quite good and he has tons of expirience in the guitar bussiness. He is one of the people in the guitar business with the most knowledge. He builds for very famous players and knows many of them peronally. Like EVH for example. The problem ist that his stuff seems overprice and he is a realy difficult and unfriendly person to deal with.

The pictures on his site are VERY pretty but the quality of his instruments (LSR brand) are very poor. You can glance at the harmony central reviews:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Ed-Roman/

The LSR steinberger copies are especially low rated. Also the prices are supposedly very high, for example, he sells AMERICAN steinberger trans-trem for $2000. MusicYo sells the Japanese made one for $700. The funny thing is, they have ALWAYS been made in Japan :D.

I know for sure EVH is not a friend of Roman... then again... who is? :D

The other shops in Las Vegas love him. According to 2 unamed vintage shop owners he sends lots of angry customers thier way. They also love to tell people that they're not interested in second hand quicksilvers.... B)

There are THOUSANDS of other REPUTABLE dealers that are a PLEASURE to deal with. Sure Ed has pretty pics on his site, but so does Maxim Magazine. The guy is the definition of hipocritical and I personally wouldn't buy a cup of dirt from him.

I'm not sure what ER is *claiming* he built for famous players, but I'd check both ends of that, thoroughly.

ER is discussed in a few other threads here. A Search will yield results.

His story has become tiresome.

THREAD CLOSED.