Deft Sanding Sealer........

Jupiter

Hello all!

I know Brian said to use Deft brand sanding sealer for good results, but i'm just double-checking myself to make sure i'm not going to mess anything up....

I was at Lowe's earlier, and bought a can of aerosol Deft Lacquer Sanding Sealer. What i'm worried about is the Lacquer aspect..... will this potentially screw anything up? I plan on using the sanding sealer, putting primer on top of it, painting the guitar with aerosol paints { either plain-old spray paint or possibly the kind of aerosol you'd buy at, say, AutoZone }, then clearing with another aerosol that is of the same base as the paint. I'm not sure if the primer/paint i'm going to use will be lacquer, enamel, or acrylic yet. Would it make a difference over the Lacquer sanding sealer? Please help ASAP, i'd like to start working on the guitar tonight, if possible.

Thanks!

Ben

I doubt your going to experiance any problems but you can always do a test patch down a 2x4 if you have one around. :D

The primers usually grab on and seal over the sanding sealer, I'm currently using both lacquer based and non-lacquer based and haven't run into any problems with either.

The reason Deft keeps coming up in topics was because it was all I could find at one point. There is another type at Wal-mart now that comes in a can (not spray) if your think you need a non-lacquer type.

Thanks!

Alrghty.... i just sprayed my first coat. Most of the guitar was already sealed from the factory paint job, so i've not got too much work to do. So, i sprayed the body, but most of the bare wood areas don't look mush different then they did before.... is this normal? I'm supposed to sand after this coat dries, right? Then do i just repeat this all over 2 or 3 more times?

Please help!

Ben