Floyd Rose Speed Loader

how would that work with balance as far as weight distribution goes? would you have to route some extra wood out of the body B)?

I thought about this a little more. The GLB's have a graphite neck and maple body. The GT-Pro's have a maple neck and maple body. The GT-Pro, like I said, is nicely balanced... and it's been reviewed that the GLB's are also nicely balanced. Maybe to compensate for the extra routing for the floyd, use a lighter wood like mahogany (Honduras, 545 kg/m^3 or African, 495 - 850 kg/m^3) for the neck and maple (755 kg/m^3) for the body.

Edit: Hmm... even more thinking. I believe graphite is significantly denser than wood. If that's the case, the little extra routing for the floyd'd probably make little difference. :D

.....also you're stuck with their nut ie. no earvana, Buzz Feiten

buzz feiten only requires moving the nut forward, which should not affect the setup of the speedloader other then general intonation....

.....also you're stuck with their nut ie. no earvana, Buzz Feiten

buzz feiten only requires moving the nut forward, which should not affect the setup of the speedloader other then general intonation....

Derek, you probably know more about this than me, but isnt the string length and string tension pretty much set in stone inregard to the speedloader? If you move the nut position, you need to move the saddle back also to get that set string tension, meaning the intonation will be out at the 12th.

i'm no pro at it, but it's just part of moving nut the forward to reduce the fretting tension on the lower frets near the nut, i do it on all my guitars and it feels better, and barely affects intonation. although i never measured the difference before and after i do know i didn't have to move my floyd bridge on my strat, so i assume that you'd just have to adjust the intonation on the speed loader exactly like on a regular floyd... i might have to throw a speedloader on my start just to try this out so that i'm sure....

I think that it's a great idea, but.......

I'm not sure which I think looks worse

1) a headless guitar

2) the factory equipped naked headstocks

3) a retrofitted guitar with the tuners in place but useless

4) a retrofitted guitar with the tuners removed

I think all are ugly

personally I like the Ibanez Edge system (not the Edge Pro)

I think the Edge with the Rollerbearing pivot points that vigier uses would be the ultimate setup.

Has anyone seen Vigier's bearing setup I'm really interested. The bearings are built to spin at rediculous speeds, so even Steve Vai couldn't damage them. :D

lol speed isn't really an issue.... smoothness is the key there... i mean they're not spinning in skateboard wheels at like 300rpm, which is typicaly what bearings of that size are designed for....

although, i'll admit, i asked them about buying one seperate, with no luck :D