How are Mighty Mite Single Coil Pickups?

GuitarGuy610

Mighty Mite Alnico Strat Single Coils

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted at: 23:27, 2/29/2004

Product Info

Pickup features: Single Coil

Impedence or other specs: 5.3K

Price Paid: US $29.99 used

Purchased from: ebay

Instrument

Model of guitar or bass: Home made Stratocaster - built from inexpensive ebay parts

Position: all positions

Pickup being replaced: Squire strat pickups

Other pickups on guitar:

Artists using this pickup:

You musical style(s): rock, blues, some jazz

Reason for pickup change: Squire pickups too brittle sounding. Wanted sweeter more musical tones with less stratitis.

Sound

Perceived output level: About the same as Squire standard pickups, but the alnico sounds more musical and less harsh.

Tone: Extremely well balanced and sweet sounding - like an older strat. Good quack in neck/middle and middle/bridge positions. Bridge pickup still ratty like most strats. neck pickup sounds simply beautiful. These pickups have just the right combination of glassines and mids, with a nice tight bass articulation.

Sonic evaluation: Home made strat from cheap parts that I built just for fun. Rosewood fingerboard. I use an old Ampeg Jet amp (15w tube), a Roland Blues Cube (30w solid state) and a variety of little Fender and a Stone solid state amp. I also use a Tube Driver and a DOD compressor pedal.

For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable: rock (classic), blues and lite Jazz. Pickups are perfect for these styles

Overall Rating

Comments: I'd buy them again if lost or stolen. Been playing 30+ years. I've got a '74 strat, a Jazz box I built from parts, a Wasburn 335 copy and a couple other guitars. These pickups are amazing for the money. The guitar I put them on is not of high quality, but it really sings with these pickups on there, almost as good as my '74 strat. The Mighty Mite Alnico's nailed the sound I was after on this guitar. ot for metal players, but for my style they're fantastic.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this pickup a: 10 Fantastic value

Submitted by: Ed Stone <edstone@frontiernet.net>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted at: 10:40, 12/3/2003

Product Info

Pickup features: Passive Single Coil Stratocaster Replacements

Impedence or other specs: 5.6 or something k? Only what I heard from others. Dont really care

Price Paid: N/A used

Purchased from: Came with a mim strat on ebay

Instrument

Model of guitar or bass: Stratocaster

Position: all positions

Pickup being replaced: Stock Fender MIM pickups

Other pickups on guitar: same

Artists using this pickup: Me

You musical style(s): All. Rock, prog, blues, etc.

Reason for pickup change: Came with an ebay strat I bought

Sound

Perceived output level: Slightly more than stock

Tone: Middy, smooth

Sonic evaluation: Legend R&R 50 1x12 combo, MIM Fender Stratocaster. DOD Flanger, Dunlop Crybaby.

For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable: All Positions

Overall Rating

Comments: Here is the bottom line: I had been using an Epi Les Paul, very happily. I got the strat with alnico MM pickups off ebay a few nights ago.. well, the presence, clarity, tone, etc., all made me just ebay new pickups for the Les Paul too -- guess? Yup, Mighty Mites (although I went fot the motherbuckers for the LP). anyway, I played live last sunday, never switched guitars as I planned on doing -- used the strat ALL night. For all songs, including the Benatar, Gnr, everything -- everyone notices how much better everything sounded. Great sounding pickups, and duh, I think I have seen them on ebay for about 30 bucks for ALL THREE INCLUDING THE PICKGUARD AND POTS. I have been playing since.. um.. 1977? Okay a long time.. and am not clueless when it comes to usable music products. These are usable, and about 1/4 the cost of the duncan or dimarzios. I am sold.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this pickup a: 10 Fantastic value

Submitted by: Paul Cutrona <paulecutrona@hotmail.com>

-------------------

taken from the great review resource that is www.harmony-central.com :D

• 3 months later...