How many pieces?

glueing together multiple pieces of different kinds of wood will affect the tone, as far as sustain goes im pretty sure that depends on the quality of the neck joint, a good bolt on joint should have as much sustain as a good neck thru or so i have heard

MzI

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I can have a good or bad result. Lamiating 3 to 5 pieces for a neck is good for strength, but use woods that go well together. For a body, i would only use ine wood, and no more than 3 pieces.

I can have a good or bad result. Lamiating 3 to 5 pieces for a neck is good for strength, but use woods that go well together. For a body, i would only use ine wood, and no more than 3 pieces.

Im thinking of using mahogany body and laminating and glueing together ebony for center of neck and purpleheart wood on it on both sides and further on oak to both sides of neck. (Im not 100% sure about oak yet). Btw it will be a neck throught. What do you think?