best way to strip a body?

Hi. I am going to refinish my rg550 in a red stain, and i was wondering what the best way to strip the body would be. I'm not really good at using a sander, and my last attempt didn't turn out well. I am looking to do this over april vacation, so i have to be able to finish the entire process in a day or two. So far, after reading the tutorials, stripping the paint with chemicals seems like the best option. Anyone know the price for the amount of paint stripper needed to do a guitar body? Is acetone necessary? If i sand the body, do Ibanez guitars have a sealer? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Neal

Have you seen those cheesy infomercials for "Ready Strip?" (non-toxic, yada, yada.) I've seen them use it on home improvment shows like "This Old House" and it seems to really work (on doors and such.) I checked their website and they have the Pro or their MultiStrip which supposedly works for urethanes too. I'm waiting for it to get warmer to give it a try... but you can try it first and be the guinea pig :D.

I used ready strip... its a waste of money. I prefer i stronger stripper such as BIX Stripper that eats away the finish and paint in no time. I got my BIX Stripper at Ace Hardware for a little less than $3 a quart and thats all i needed. But it all depends i guess.

Use a chemical stripper if your gonna stain as a finish. DON'T even go near her with a power sander as even the most careful of us are always left with those pesky sandinder marks.

And YES Ibanez do use a sealer coat (sometimes you find filler as well :D ) but a decent chem stripper should tear right through that. Sorry can't advise on a brand as I live in the UK. B)