lightning

i would go to a book store, buy a book with lots of really good pictures of lightning in them, pick one out, then go to a printing place and get it blown up to a guitar size.. I spend alot to get the best quality one, as well. Then i'd glue it onto a body (preferably non-arched) then clear over.. a material finish... The reason i said i'd buy a book is because if you downloaded the picture off the internet it's going to be a little grainy, and if you look up close you'll see pixels.. It would look bad that way, i'd think..

Badger airbrushes are suitable only for painting fences as far as I'm concerned. I've used many Badger airbrushes and have never thought any of them were any good. If you're looking to spend little money, the Paasche H model is ok, the VL model is better, and if you want an airbrush that is very versatile though does cost a little more, the Iwata Revolution HP-CR is a good entry level brush, the HP-C is the one I use the most often.

Ok, I thought you were looking to buy one, if you already have it, I will tell you this, first, I found they were much more comfortable to use if you put one of those rubber pencil holder thingy's on the handle, they are just so thin my hands cramp almost immediately.

Next, with ALL syphon feed guns, make sure your paint mixture is THIN, when you think it's thin enough, thin it some more for detail work. Use multiple passes to build up the color. Also, keep a soft brush nearby to clear the tip with, they plug up horribly.

It really helps if you warm your paints to about 70 degrees F. just keep a pan of warm water there and set your mixed paint jar in about 1/2" of water to warm it up.

If you are trying to do fine detail work, use only Urethanes (automotive) or enamels, if you use enamels though you will have to be ultra careful about your clear as they will react badly with almost everything. Using acrylic paints in an airbrush for detail is like trying to push a rope, it just doesn't work worth a damn. They constantly dry on the tip and spatter.

I would also recommend seating the needle and nozzle, Badger is notorious for having bad seats in the nozzle, you can do this by first making sure your needle is sharp and smooth, then put just a dab of toothpaste (yes toothpaste) on the end of the needle, wet it a bit, and gently rotate it in the nozzle cap. Then clean the entire airbrush, this will act like a lapping compound and seat the 2 together perfectly. Don't use an actual lapping compound, most are oil based or petroleum based and will leave a silicone residue in the airbrush which will affect your painting.

Last of all, use about 35 to 40 psi and control the air with the airbrush trigger, and when you are done, clean the airbrush thoroughly!