Newbie here

Hi guys,

I just came upon this site and found it really interesting. B) i can't wait to dig up some cool tips and stuff. I built (or should i say put together) my guitar a couple years ago, but now i'm trying to rewiring it and set up the action right. still confused on some things, but i'm sure i'll find the answers here.

yes, i did the custom paint job on the body and hope to work on new guitar in the near future. hope you guys like it.

myguitar.jpg

here's a few specs:

carvin bolt parts - neck & body

sperzel locking tuners

wilkenson trem

seymore duncan pickups

custom cut pickguard

1meg volume pot (will change to 500k soon)

5way switch (need to rewire)

this is a cool smiley >> :D

Nicely done!

Such a clean photo that I thought it was a computer render. The Photoshopped background doesn't hurt, either. Then I saw your fingers and part of the camera reflected in the neck attachment plate and I realized it must be real. :D

I envy this kind of newbie-- the kind of newbie that joins and already has stuff to show. B)

Greg

i took out the background and added the little "censor" bar on the back of the guitar. hehe

Looks good.

But now we need to see it WITHOUT the "censor bar"...

We cannot truly judge your work unless we can see it completely.

And a nice close-up too, if possible.

:D

Looks good.

But now we need to see it WITHOUT the "censor bar"...

We cannot truly judge your work unless we can see it completely.

And a nice close-up too, if possible.

:D

haha......i was wondering if someone was going to say that.. B)

i'll take close ups just for you... :D i'll post it up soon

how did you do the paint job? that is one sweet ass guitar congrats :D

thanks. B) it started out as a bare wood body. had to sand and sand to get it smooth. i then stained the wood. after it was all dry. i lightly sketched my design onto the wood. next came the fun part. using an airbrush i sprayed a mix of acrylic, paint extender and hardener (so that the water based paint stick better to the stained surface)

after it was all done. i sprayed about 4-6 coats of semi-gloss varnish (spray can). it's thin enough for the body to feel natural and not too thick like many clear coats on other guitars.

i'm starting to use automotive paints now. just started on snowboards but i hope to try it on guitar bodies. hopefully soon, i can find a good guitar body to paint and see how that works out.