What sort of trem is this guitar routed for?

howdy everyone,

I might be getting this thing for a very cheap price (its a samick soloist copy with a few bungs in the finish and a chip in the neck and no bridge), with the idea of using it for more experimentation B)

samickthing.JPG

Anyway, can anyone tell what bridge its been routed for? So far im just assuming its a standard strat tremelo style thing, but im not sure - those mouitning pole things are getting me confused.

Also, with a top like that, I cant put veneer on can I? Im not sure on this either, but common sense is telling me veneer wouldnt be able to bend around a carved style top like that one?

while im at it, what about veneer on this thing?

cort-a.jpg

Im guessing 'no' to the veneer on both (unfortunatley for me), but advice from people who actually know what they are talking about would be very helpful :D

Thanks

- Dan

It looks like the top one might not be too bad for a veneer if the compound curves aren't too tight. Is it a carved top (like a Les Paul) or an "arched" top (like an Ibanez S series)? It's hard to tell from the photo.

The bottom one would probably be fine if it weren't for the curved armrest. If it were a linear curve like on most superstrat-style guitars, it'd be a straight bend, but it looks like it's got a bit of a convex compound curve to it, which might be more tricky with veneer.

As for the trem on the first one... gosh... it could be almost anything. What kind of lock does it have up top? If it's a Floyd Rose-style locking nut, that might give you a hint as to where to start.

I pretty well just have that photo to go by for the moment, but from that it looks like hte top one is carved top, or at least its curved in both directions. I THINK :D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I was just playing one today. The carve will be diffy to veneer, but it is possibile.

It is also routed for a Gotoh Floyd.

i duno how "possible" that red guitar will be to veneer, the glare from that left hom, and the roundness of the rear end of the guitar kind leads me to a "no"...

hmmm kinda stumped on the rout.... how far apart are the posts?

I was just playing one today. The carve will be diffy to veneer, but it is possibile.

It is also routed for a Gotoh Floyd.

Playing one today? How did that come about?

I may as well ask then, what was it like? I mean, i know its not oging to be anything flash and i dont really care THAT much, but anything major to note?

Thanks for the floyd help too. Are the FR by Gotoh respectble trems?

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

big neck. Like a les paul feel. Strange for that design.

It was used and one of the only guitars worth looking at in the store

A few more questions for you Litchfield if you would be so kind B)

1. What are the inlays like? (eg, do they have any figure or do they look like plain white plastic :D)

2. Do you know what all the switches on the front are for? Are they just standard pickup combo switches or is there something different going on with the electronics?

3. Is that a front-mounted output jack?

Thanks mate,

- Dan