Addictions..

I am glad I am not the only one. Walked by the local craft store the other day and they had a butcher block table for sale.......took a long look at that one....may still go get it.

George

omg, next time i'm at my lumber yard i'll take a picture of the 4 HUMUNGUS boards they have..... we're talking like 20 feet long... couple inches thick and like 2 feet wide..

Living in Washington state, I am surrounded by maple trees. They are are all around. I am always on the look out for the ripples in the trees that signify curly or if lucky quilt. I have talked to many property owners and have asked if they are going to be cutting any of these beautiful trees down in the near future. Someday I will get lucky. BTW Canuck I would have ripped that board off the floor already. :D

• 5 weeks later...

I found the most exceptional looking piece of figured walnut ever!

But unfortunately it's stuck to the loundry sofa. It is more flamed than most of the guitars I've ever seen.

A pity that it's wasted in such a way. I will get a picture of and post it as soon as I can sell the guitar that I will make out of it and get enough money to buy a digital camera :D

What happens when you start to wonder what kind of a guitar will come out of the trees in your school campus? And to see, actually cut down one of them? It is possibly a serious phsycologic ilness.

I cut down an ancient tree which was planted when our school was established in 1800-something. At that time the Ottoman Empire still reigned in these lands! You might think I am evil but the trunk was mostly rotten and the tree had fallen down in the blizzard. I only cut what was left out of it.

I plan to gift the guitar I make out of it to the school but it doesn't look good. Nobody figured out what wood it was and it is very weird. It doesn't seem to have any grain?! B)

I was at the village today...Its filled with wild cherries and walnuts. It just makes you wonder if that trunk will have enough wood for a few good necks.

An uncle of mine who is a carpenter told me that here it has a higher abundance of walnuts and cherries than maples.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
I drive my wife nuts, always pointing out wood grain.

"Check out the curl on that chair back."

Mine likes looking at it too.

We have issues.