DiMarzio routing question

Does any know the exact radius on the corners of a DiMarzio HB? I want to route the cavity and bind it but I need to know what I have to end up with to make it fit. Also, can anyone post the dimensions of the HB from aside (height, ears etc). I could only find the dimensions from 'above'. I need this to figure out a way to mount them differently without the covers.

TIA

JP

great thanks!

I was about to order them too but I just screwed up my neck :D

I have a lasercut 5mm stainless steel routerjig thats great. I had one bearing on my shaft and a drillstop. The darn drillstop snapped (great quality iron) and it dug in for about 1.5 - 2 mm. If I sand this out will it still be playable? The nutwidth would be 2 mm smaller (42 now so about 40 when sanded down.)

Oh well - next time I'll just use 2 bearings...

B)

JP

you'll probably spend more time trying to fix and blend the indent in... and you may find it's just too narrow, and the neck will have to be trimmed 2mm on each side of the neck to keep your neck straight in the neck pocket... so you're really looking at a 38mm nut.. (assuming you've already routed the truss, heel, and started shapping the peghead)

i would try to fill the hole with some scrap wood, and clamping it in (with wood glue).. i know it's probably a difficult place to glue on extra wood. but if the hole is just an indent from a router bit... by some hardwood dowel the same diameter of the router bit and you're set B)

or i would scrap it and start with a new peice of wood

..... get the pickups then measure :D

thanks derek,

After cooling down a little and measuring it isn't 1.5-2 mm at all - i think its even under 1 mm but its noticable. What if I taper the fingerboard, glue it on and and fil the dents with sumtin (glue w/sandingdust?) and start to shape the back when its dry?

The option with gluing a piece in I have to rule out since they are a) shallow dents and B) they are over a 5 cm stretch (along the fretboard, horizontaly).

It took me much time and effort to get his far and I think im just gonna finish it off to see if there are more problems. So I can start the #2 with more experience.

Still a pity tho :D

JP