Transfer Paper

OK well im finally starting the spawn design i made and as i dont have the money to pay someone to do the design for me and me being very, very, VERY bad at art stuff, i thought of giving this print on transfer paper stuff a try...

Has anyone else used it before? and what are your thoughts...

I will post when i start testing and stuff to show you how its going and hopfully (if it works) will have a sweet looking guitar on my hands!

Big Tom

:D

If you're planning to print on it from an inkjet, beware that the inks are not waterproof and the lacquer will probably ruin it - also, inkjet inks will fade badly over time so you'll lose the original look.

If you can get access to somewhere that has a colour laser copier, get it printed with that as the toner will be easier to work with. You may also find that the design is quite transparent and will have to think about the base colours you use to make sure it comes out right.

I've never really bothered with inkjets or lasers as the printing system we use is much better than those, but its not really suitable for big designs.

I would still say save up and get a good airbrush artist to do it ;0)

The paper ive found for an inkjet printer says that it makes the image compleatly waterproof so i dont think that should be a problem. the only thing im worried about is how stong the image will come out. Im gonna try it on my Old 7string body i have lying around and see how it turns out. I will take some pics and post em as soon as i get the paper...

Big Tom

:D

I've also heard that inkjets don't work well when applying a transparency and lacquering over it - BUT - I've tested a few and had no problems at all. Time will tell concerning the fading issue but none of them distorted or ran at all. The only thing I don't like about doing logo's with transparency film is the thickness - I need to find something thinner.