Help With Fretboard!

Hey everyone wassup? Im in the process of building a guitar..and I am in need of some help on a few things..I need some Exact measurments to get started...I've been researching it all like hell and think i could use a little help....i mean my style of guitar would b more along the lines of a Gibson guitar or even a BC Rich style Guitar...it all depends on what design I end up drawing up and liking....n e ways the question is how do i properly space out the fretwire on the fretboard? I mean what are the measurments between frets down the fretboard Exactly??..im lookin to make a longer neck than usual...my BC Rich warlock i bought is a 25.5" and has 24 frets..i would use that for sure as my template..but I have seen sum guitars with about 27 frets or a more....And I would love to have a neck like that...Im wondering if anyone in here could help me out or if n e one knows a site that could help me with the measurements of How much more length i have to add to the neck and also the actual distances frum the fretwire in each fret...thats all i really need help with at the moment...if anyone could help me Asap i GREATLY appreciate it....thanks A LOT in advance to n e one who can help me! :D

Hey Killer Link....it really helps me a lot man thanx....but the thing is in the Online fret Calculator and the PDF Fret calculator the Max # of frets is 24...sure i will most likely use that....but was wondering how many frets i could make....i have seen some custome guitars that are about 27 or 28 Frets I think if not more...n e ways if i could get the measurements for such a Custom neck that would b great......if not then im more than happy to use the 24 fret measurements....but any help is greatly appreciated! thank you.

If you feel comfortable with JavaScript, just save that online version and edit it to get rid of that 24 fret limitation.

If you're comfortable with perl, I have this script that I use:

#!/usr/bin/perl

# converted to perl from the

# C-program for calculating fret distances for any scale length

# Written by Chris St. Pierre

# http://www.buildyourguitar.com/resources/tips/fretdist.htm

use strict;

my ($distance, $scale, $location, $scaling_factor, $num_frets);

$scaling_factor = 0;

$distance = 0;

if ($#ARGV > -1) {

$scale = $ARGV[0];

$num_frets = $ARGV[1] ? $ARGV[1] : 24;

} else {

printf ("Enter the scale desired: ");

$scale = <STDIN>;

printf ("\nEnter the number of frets: ");

$num_frets = <STDIN>;

}

printf("\nFret | Dist bet. frets | Dist to Nut\n");

printf("------------------------------------\n");

my $magic = 2**(1/12);

$magic /= ($magic - 1);

foreach my $current_fret (1 .. $num_frets) {

$location = $scale - $distance;

$scaling_factor = $location / $magic;

$distance += $scaling_factor;

printf("%4d: %10.3f %15.3f\n", $current_fret, $scaling_factor, $distance);

}

printf("=================================\n");

I hope I copy-n-pasted that correctly :D.

There's also an excel spreadsheet around on that page where I got that C-program:

http://www.buildyourguitar.com/resources/tips/fretdist.htm

To be honest, I didn't check to see the limit! Sorry bout that, hope it works out. Neato Java translation, though-- sure wish I had the brians to do that. :D

Ya sure i like usin computers.....but scripts i aint too big on lol...thx a lot tho..pretty killer info..u one smart person B) heh...but i guess i can jus keep lookin...or if i cant find ne thin soon then ill jus make one with 24 frets heh...its all good really...but ill keep chekin back here and other places...i may have a friend who could help me with the Java Script pr Perl ****...so ill look into that...thanx for all the information everyone!:D...also no worries bout the limit man...its all good...thx again everyone...and n e one with other advice lemme kno! :D