Routing depth

pickups can be anywhere from 5/8" to 1" deep ( 16-26mm)

control cavity is a bit trickier, how thick if is your body? are you using a pickguard or rear rout style guitar?

EDIT: ok so i'm blind... strat body control cavity 1-3/8" i beleive should do it if you're using a pickguard

6/8" ? lol you mean 3/4" ? yes, that's what my strat has... and it has grooves along the side of the pickup routs for the ears and screws of the pickup that are almost 1" deep..

On Gibson Les Paul, pickup holes are usually 3cm deep, as the body is 5cm thick in the center. I guess you could do the same on the strat body.

actually, chances are he's doing some kind of trem on the guitar, and he can't go much deeper then an inch for the pickup ears (1" = 2.54cm) if he went 3cm (1.18") he'll be getting awfuly close to going thru into the spring cavity, but depends on what he's doing, :D

On Gibson Les Paul, pickup holes are usually 3cm deep, as the body is 5cm thick in the center.  I guess you could do the same on the strat body.

actually, chances are he's doing some kind of trem on the guitar, and he can't go much deeper then an inch for the pickup ears (1" = 2.54cm) if he went 3cm (1.18") he'll be getting awfuly close to going thru into the spring cavity, but depends on what he's doing, :D

You're right! B) I forgot that Strat has trem springs cavity on the other side!