Pyramid Inlay & scalloped frets

hi folks, im only new to this site but since ive seen it ive been thinking of performing some mods, as i have most of the tools available i was a little confused on a couple things, 1. to get the pyramid inlays - did u have them made from a printing shop? (the design) if so, where can i get some templates of the real size so i can get some made so i can get some printed? 2. what is the benfit of having scalloped frets ? i was thinking on scalloping from the 12th or 15fret upto 24 what are the pros and cons to doing this?.

answers would be much appreciated :D

scalloping stops your fingers touching the fretboard, making bending and smooth vibrato easier. Its a very personal thing so try to have a go on a guitar that is allready scalloped before you take the file to your own :D

Welcome to the forum Big-Nightstick :D

The one's used in the tutorial were made by hand using flourescent vinal as a backer so they wouldn't fade quickly. You can purchase it from almost any graphics sign shop but they might have to order it in if your looking for special colors..........

Thankyou guys, ive managed to track someone down in my area that does inlay work but i havnt actually spoken to him yet. i live out in the country in australia so this kinda thing is hard to come by but i appreciate your help. the guitar i hope to mod is my old gibson Flying V, it sounds good, but plays like crap, it has a trem but it never holds tune, unless ive locked it completly. ive played a few jems with scalloped boards but it was a long time ago so i dont really remember what it was like, do u think scalloping the fretboard is a cheaper approach to improving playability? (small frets) i plan on doing the work myself as i cannot really afford to get it professionally done.

what are some realitivly easy mods that i can perform with low cost to improve speed,vibrato, feel etc ? :D

improve speed,vibrato, feel etc ?

The key to that is just practice ( or go down to the cross roads one night lol )

I shave all my necks thin, i find this helps me to play faster. If i was you i would go to your local music shop and try out a few guitars and take note of what feel good to you, then try and mod your guitar like them.

Hope this helps.