laquer

hey dudes how long does it take for laquer to harden sufficiantly to where i don't have to worry about damaging it while working on it.i let my neck sit for a week before i put veneer on the headstock and i still damaged the finish.and which is harder,laquer or enamel?i want a tough finish.isn't laquer what most guitars have?and on a different subject where are all the guitar building girls at.i'm not trying to be a perv but it just seems strange that all you people are guys.(maybe half of you are women and nobody knows it,like in chat rooms or something.)i also don't see very many girls playing really aggressive guitar either(the actual number around here is zero)what's up with that?

In truth Lacquer never actually dries, oh surface dry maybe and it usually takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks before you can start to mess with polishing it up.

As far as girls go, give the place time B) were a relatively young forum, course I've only found two on the net so far that actually build guitars and also two others that customize them so you could say they are a rare breed to begin with. And thats in 6 years of lookin around :D

I would have thought that the curing time varies depending upon the product?

I have just used Plati-kote laquer, and plan on chatting to them today so will ask the question.