Show me some designs...

>j.pierce - The truss rod cover is a piece of stainless steel that I fabricated. Its been sanded/polished to a mirror finish down to 1/4 micron diamond grit paste. Then I used my dremel and a 3/8" dia. felt pad with coarser paste and overlapped get the fish scale effect.

>mick - the neck is 23" from the tip of the headstock to the center of the heel (between the 21st and 22nd fret).

Edited by Southpa

Well that's good news...the two mahogany blanks I have measure 24 inches (610 mm). And I just got a plank of some really nice maple (from a luthier in the region). I have options of how I cut it up, but I can get two necks at just about 25 inches each (630 mm)...and still have enough for the center piece of an extra-long multi-laminated neck I've been planning (either for a 12-string or a baritone).

So there aren't any other issues with using a shorter headstock? Maybe it's just a looks/symmetry thing-- depends on the body shape. I don't know if a strat would look right with a shortened headstock.

Here's one I like from Kritz Guitars. It's small with a straight string pull.

Ah I love this site! All those trademark names...(seriously, though, I love luthiers who like to push the envelope)

My favorite quote:

I saw whole audiences going down on the ground while rocking on the sound of an SJ.

The headstock's nice--I'm wondering how he adds the carbon fiber reinforcement-- is it the same rod the runs through the rest of the neck.

I believe Verhoevenc bought two of these guitars --do they live up to his hype?