Gibson SG question

I'm looking to buy and restore an old SG custom or special. It's an odd guitar. It has P-90's but has a Gibson custom headstock with the typical Gibson custom inlays. However, the veneer is whitish to natural colored. I have never seen a custom headstock with anything other than a black veneer. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Thanks,

John

well....

sgcustom.jpg

and

generic_68_gibsonsgspecial.jpg

I couldn't find anything with a white headstock or much with a veneer/top on it on everything sg .com so i'm thinking it was an aftermarket job...

customshop_sg_elegant_quilttop_firemist.jpg

2000%20SG%20Supreme%20-%20Blue%20Flame.jpg

and btw, i don't think veneer would work on an SG, it'd have to be a thick enough top or solid figured body

However, the veneer is whitish to natural colored. I have never seen a custom headstock with anything other than a black veneer.

thats paint not veneer, veneer is wood, it looks like a combo of old parts thrown together who knows looks like a decent project tho have fun with it

MzI

I couldn't find anything with a white headstock or much with a veneer/top on it on...

...and btw, i don't think veneer would work on an SG, it'd have to be a thick enough top or solid figured body

That's what I was talking about when I asked if you'd read what he posted...sorry if it came across as rude :D , I tend to sound that way on the net a lot

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

You a lefty?

Looks like a heaily hotrodded SG standard, or maybe a fake. Either way, you have an SG to work on now B)

The ir a P90 in the neck, and an HB in the bridge. Depending on the make/model of those, it will possibly yeild a fairly versatile axe :D