any thought on this?

sinner16

it looks to be a fairlly standard single or dual op-amp distortion circuit. admitedlly its fairlly nicelly put together but you may as well just make your own tbh

My take on it is that Johnny's probably right, but if it's quiet and reliable, and you want it... well, I don't think I could make one for myself for $28.00, at least not that small, with a well-designed circuit board. Of course, I've got a TS, and I don't think I'd want to put it in my guitar, but that aside, you sure couldn't build one for $10.00, and you'd have to debug a homebrew to get it as quiet as the samples he's included. I guess it depends on how DIY you are, and how much your time is worth, but there's no way he's making any real money on 'em selling 'em for under thirty bucks, so he's not ripping anybody off.

Im feeling pretty tempted, for $10 why not. Hopefully it wont get bid up. It would be cool to find out where he's getting them and do a group buy around here.

Heck if it doesn't work throw it in a case and call it a stomp box.

I do have that aluminum tele body on the way.

A little googling after reading the source code for his image and:

tadah

Excellent research, syxxstring, I wish I'd thought of that. Here's a Swiss music site offering the QDD (for $32.60):

MUSIX-Specials-Liste

OK, here's the scoop on Artec - they're a Korean company that makes guitar pickups and electronics - their stuff is being used by Wechter, Washburn and several other mid-line acoustic makers. According to the reviews, their stuff is workable and reliable, if not necessarily spectacular.

my two cents here. its a dp5t switch. and a basic dist circuit. one half of the 5sided switch. does the actual gain selection and the other half of it does the output vol changes via resistors to keep it from being massive output.

things to chekc out. a 500k pot with 5 taps on it like geofex's the secret life of pots. and you can do this with a regualr pot, and have 5 posistions on it. and well i odnt' know abouyt you, but i can do them for these prices is someone was willing to get 5-10 of them off the forum here, i would be willing to make up the pcb for it as i can get them for around 97 cents at 1" * 1". thats what my penguin loves are on and they use full size parts no smt here.

personally it would be easier to use a real pot there, and have it on a switch or even a push pull so that when not engaged it would be truebypass instead of still going through the circuitry