Acoustic bridge on electric guitar

If one were to put an acoustic bridge on an electric guitar, what sorts of things would one have to be sure to get right? Like I imagine there wouldn't be a way to adjust the intonation, so would there be a good way to assure that it would be close, if not perfect? I imagine it would be like a non-adjustable Tune-o-matic...

Anyway, just a thought. Thanks for any info.

If you want a look at some production guitars of this ilk,

Crafter do a good cheap one (model CT-???), washburn do a less pretty and more expensive version and guild make the jaw dropping peregrinne.

all of these look pretty classy, and it's something i'd like to have a go a building when i've eventually got the first one or two outta the way.

Denny

I think it'll be cool, I'm just wondering about how to get the intonation right... The one I'm using will screw on, so I was thinking of setting the guitar up with the bridge not attatched, then adjusting it to where it's as close as it's gonna get, tape it down, then loosen the strings and put the screws in. Does that sound about right?

BTW, I found some forum posts on the subject, but unfortunately non of them dealt with the setup. So maybe it's not as hard as it sounds... :D

I think it'll be cool, I'm just wondering about how to get the intonation right... The one I'm using will screw on, so I was thinking of setting the guitar up with the bridge not attatched, then adjusting it to where it's as close as it's gonna get, tape it down, then loosen the strings and put the screws in. Does that sound about right?

BTW, I found some forum posts on the subject, but unfortunately non of them dealt with the setup. So maybe it's not as hard as it sounds... :D

Sounds like you're on the right track. That's basically what I did with mine as I made mine from flame maple with an ebony insert:

w3bodside.jpg

w3bridge.jpg

Dave->

Thanks for the pics, that's pretty close to what I'm going for, including what I'm assuming is a piezo system? :D

One thing I forgot to mention is that I'll be using a bridge that's independant from where the strings will attatch. So if that changes anyone's opinion of me being sane or completely crazy, let me know. Frankly I think it'll be easier, since the strings will be solidly attatched while I move the bridge around for adjustment.

Thanks for the replies and ideas...

You're very welcome and yes, it's a piezo with a built in barcus berry preamp. My strings don't attach at the bridge either, they attach through brass ferrules I turned on the lathe in the back of the body, muck like a telecaster.

Dave->