Scalloping Ibanez -too weak???

Hey dudes

im a player with a really light touch, and it is expressed well wen im playing in the low to mid register from about 1st fret to 12th

Neways i find with my Rg 1570 that my lite touch cant even be heard wen playin in the high register from about 15-24

and i heard that scalloping your neck made it alot more sensitive, but wen i ask my local guitar dealer about scalloping my ibanez prestige neck he sed an ibanez neck coodnt take it? and that really only strats and telecaster cood

is he rite or can it be done stil??

thanks dudes

HUmmmmm lets see I think I've scalloped about ................

Ohhhhhhhhh I'd say ..........................Hummmmmmmmm

45 different Ibanez necks and never heard a complaint about them being to weak or for that matter anything B)

Ask him how many he's scalloped? :D

HUmmmmm lets see I think I've scalloped about ................

Ohhhhhhhhh I'd say ..........................Hummmmmmmmm

45 different Ibanez necks and never heard a complaint about them being to weak or for that matter anything :D

Ask him how many he's scalloped? B)

:D Thats a whole lotta scalloping dude :-)

(back on topic)

I've done 4 12-24 fret scallops on Ibanez necks and as Brian has said, They feel slightly differant, But nothing else, No weaker imho

As for getting a Pro to do it, If your in the US i'd see LGM guitars about doing it ... If your in the UK get in touch ;-)

Rob

yeh hey, im i was just wondering about price, coz i cood take sumwhere near i live and it woodnt be a problem

yeh the dude i asked about it in sydney sed that ibanez necks coodnt take being scalloped, but i was thinkin isnt it just puttin a few indentations on the fingerboard?

so from experience is it more sensitive coz i dont wanna do nethin that would detract from my guitar that doesnt really offer much

thanks dude

yeh hey, im i was just wondering about price, coz i cood take sumwhere near i live and it woodnt be a problem

yeh the dude i asked about it in sydney sed that ibanez necks coodnt take being scalloped, but i was thinkin isnt it just puttin a few indentations on the fingerboard?

so from experience is it more sensitive coz i dont wanna do nethin that would detract from my guitar that doesnt really offer much

thanks dude

Sounds like you have someone to do the job for you already, how much are they charging?

yeh man i want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but in the high register like fret 14-24 mayb? coz im happy with the sensitivity of my low to mid register.... and if it aint broke....yeh dudes noe the rest

is it a difficult procedure to undertake (and yes before i get flamed i ave seen the tutorial on it) and wat are sum oif the reaction of ppl whove had it done??

thanks

wenever im playin on the frets like from 1 - 14 or sumthin i can do the lightest touch and the note will wil crystal clear, wenever im hammerin on and pullin off from say 15-24 and its pretty difficult to distinguish the note

thats wat i mean about sensitivty

if it was me, i think it would be better to get used to using a non-scalloped neck.. i mean sure if you're yngwie malmsteen you dont really need to improve your technique, but otherwise, you could end up pushing your technique into a corner, so that you can only play well on scalloped necks.. which would be bad.. :D

cool

im saying this because i have a guitar with a very thin neck, and virtually unfinished.. its ultra smooth and i love it.. but guess what happened when i tried playing some vintage strats?? I COULDNT! damn that was a shock, so now Im playing a strat but its like re-learning for me..

anyway good luck :D