Neck blanks

One difference between GalleryHardwoods and Gilmer is the preparation that is done before shipping. Gallery usually (if not always) does a good job squaring up the blanks before shipping.

I think that's where Gallery's edge is against places like Gilmer (in addition to not requiring $100 min.). I'm not saying Gilmer isn't a good source - I think they are. Gilmer has a great selection and excellent pics of everything. It's been my experience that the wood from Gilmer does not come surfaced to the degree that Gallery's does. For some people, that's important. I also wouldn't say that there is a difference in quality of the wood between the two - everything I've bought from Gallery has been top quality. Gilmer obviously has top quality wood also.

So, if anyone is trying to decide between those two, that's my little comparison of them. I like both companies but I kinda feel an allegence to GalleryHardwoods since he has really gone out of his way to help me in the past and has provided some incredible wood. :D

Maestro, are you seriously looking for a flame war here? It appears so to me, and I advise against such. If a flame war or pissing contest is what you are after, the slam thread is what that is for.

BTW. LMI always communicates clearly with me, and have never screwed up an order on me.

I dont see it as a flame war, i see it as sharing experiences. How many times have YOU ordered from LMII?? Ive had half the orders ive placed with them, stuffed up, but, ive only ever ordered from them twice...