Guitar design

Here is a design I made (by coping old designs of traditional guitars :D )

Please comend on it.

(Note: I removed the photo due to its bad quality....move on to see the new one)

Btw sorry for the blurry photo.

(and the real one does it more justice. It looks even better. I will post some more pics soon maybe)

Hmmm... Not too shabby! Not really my cup o' tea though...

If it were up to me I'd make the body a little bit more asymmetric and make the lower cutaway a wee bit deeper and horn a little thinner. I took the liberty of modifying a bit in PSP; hope you don't mind?

skewbody.jpg

Not necessarily better but more to my taste...

i'd say it looks abit like a firebird/SG, pretty cool.

In the original, the entire thing is a bit too long and/or thin for my tastes.

The modified one is a bit more to my tastes, too, but a bit of width (or a bit less length) would still make it even more to my tastes.

All subjective, though.

Greg

Most of what i say has already been said B)

Squish it up so its not so elongated, and also, just go with what you like - provided it works just do what you want, we may not like it but if you do, then thats all that matters! :D

- Dan

Andreas -

Are you looking to modify an SG a bit or are you going for a significantly different body shape but keep the horns? The outline of the body looks too "free-hand" to me if you know what I mean. Maybe if you took an SG full size'd drawing and then tweaked it to suit your taste?

There are other things that you'll need to consider when deisgning the body other than the shape. The placement of the bridge, pickups, controls, and the overall balance of it. Since yours isn't really derived from something that you know is balanced, you might need to think about that one.

The bottom line is that you need to come up with something that you will be proud of. The process of building a guitar takes a lot of time and effort (and money) so shoot for something you can really be proud of. If you want it to be professional looking - (if) - there will be enough obstacles in your way (accuracy, finish, ...) so I'd stay away from a body/neck style that will raise questions right off the bat. If you're just having fun and don't really want to take it seriously ignore what I'm saying - in that case just have fun with it.

that looks alot better, more "real", if ya know what i mean... I don't hehe

I think it's loads better. Almost like night and day, as far as I'm concerned.

Still, not my cup of tea.

As for the leg position thing, I actually find most guitars have it too far forward to be truly ergonomic, but we all get used to it and therefore find the 'standard' to be more comfortable out of familiarity.

Greg