Gibson custom shop

Does any one have any idea of what Gibson charges for a custom made guitar? obviously it depends on what i want, but roughly what do they charge.

i want a Double cut away les paul.

I dunno about the cost, but the gibson double cuts are the nicest things ever! :D

ya know, that may be a better estimate. consider ESP(no comments, please). They sell copies of their artist models for ~$700. The actual artist model for like 2-3000, and if you fill out their customize sheet and get a quote, its in the ridiculous range of 5k+. So i'd bet devon is closer here.

Hell for 5K you could butcher a truckload of wood and a few tools learning how to do it and still come out with several nice guitars. Save your money and make it.

Lee, I've never made a guitar before either, and the one I've chosen is about the same level of difficulty as a DC LP. That said, It'll be several months still (depending on when LMI ships my fretboard) before I even know if I was a success.

Not that I'm saying it'll be comparable. I fully expect the action to be a little dodgier, the neck to be cruddier, and the playability in general to be less than what a Gibson DC would be. Hey, it's my first guitar, after all! But it'll come in at $300 US or so by the time it's done, which means I could make another 5 or 6 for the cost of the non-custom-shop version.

Swinging back the other way, though... there ARE some guitars that are still worth paying for, and I'd rank the Gibson DC LP as one of them.

Greg

Id like to be able to make it but i don't know if i have the skills, the only expirience i have with making guitars is building a saga kit  :D

If you've built a Saga kit then maybe you could order the body, neck and hardware from somewhere like USA Custom Guitars, Warmoth or even stew-mac and assemble it yourself for alot less money and more satisfaction?

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Well, I say if need be, sheck ebay for luthier kits.

A saga HT10 kit neck cxan be glued in ala PRS, and the bod can be build the same.