Problem with my nech-thru guitar

I've got a musicyo Kramer Baretta FR404S/D, and say what you will, but I like it a lot. I've changed the bridge pickup to an Evo, and if I keep it, I'll redo the electronics. But here's the real problem:

The high E string is too close to the edge of the fretboard. When I'm playing between the 7th fret and the nut I have to be careful not to fret out. I'd forgotten about the problem and learned to live with it until I got another guitar and I was reminded of what a problem it is.

I'm guessing that the neck is slightly warped, because the locking nut looks to be in the right place, and because the new Kramers are very cheap and thought to be just thrown together.

Any thoughts?

how close to the edge of the fret board, id say 1/8" is a safe distance, did you look down the neck to make sure its good and straight, is it a side to side warp, if its really bad your kinda outta luck with a neck thru becasue they dont exactly come apart in 5 mins like a bolt on,

make sure that the strings are seated correctly in the the nut and bridge, perhaps you could adjust the bridge saddles and/or nut sluts. If you saddles are not adjustable, for string spacing, then you may benefit by relocating your bridge, just fill the old holes and move it to the appropriate place, just make sure you dont over compensate.

Peace,

Ryan

It is a Floyd Rose bridge, and it is a locking nut, and these things look fine otherwise, nothing off track or out of place. I haven't thought to look down the neck. I bought it as a blem model, that could have been the reason it was sent back in the first place.