Finally bought a Variax..........

Well I finally took the plunge and bought a nice Sunburst Variax 500. This thing is incredible. The Strat pre-set sounds almost as good as my Japanese 62 re issue and the Les Paul pre-sets are great too, but the acoustic tones just simply rock!!!!!! Finally a way to get a decent recording of an acoustic.

Its a prime candidate for a replacement body and neck too......................I just cant leave things well enough alone. hehe.

But seriously tho if you havent tried one, do yourself a favour and get down to your local music store.

I'm a big Line 6 fan myself and have bought alot of stuff from them over the years, starting with the Ax212 when it first came out. I like the amp modeling idea, but I'm not sold on guitar modeling yet because of certain issues I have with it. The main thing I don't like about the Variax though is that you have to use a cord with it and can't use a wireless system. The other reason is that you can switch sounds between a Gibson to a Fender, but you can't switch the scale length, the width of the neck and total feel of the neck. Each guitar I pick up makes me play a different style and inspires me differently, so until they can make a neck that changes with the switch of a button, I think I'll stick with what I got. Nothing against it, it's just if I want a Fender sound and feel, I'll just pick one up.

I'm a big Line 6 fan myself and have bought alot of stuff from them over the years, starting with the Ax212 when it first came out. I like the amp modeling idea, but I'm not sold on guitar modeling yet because of certain issues I have with it. The main thing I don't like about the Variax though is that you have to use a cord with it and can't use a wireless system. The other reason is that you can switch sounds between a Gibson to a Fender, but you can't switch the scale length, the width of the neck and total feel of the neck. Each guitar I pick up makes me play a different style and inspires me differently, so until they can make a neck that changes with the switch of a button, I think I'll stick with what I got. Nothing against it, it's just if I want a Fender sound and feel, I'll just pick one up.

A Variax DOUBLE NECK!

Yes!

yeah my dad bought a Variax, Sounds Just Great, But yeah the accoustic, actually does sound like an accoustic, and the good thing about the Variax is that you can download some more tones somehow and upload em to your guitar using a RJ45 Cable ( Network Cable) Great Piece Of Work it is, yeah the neck isnt too bad, but i would like a 24 fret neck on it, and i'd be happy

Ive spent a few more days playing the Variax and Ive decided to sell my Re-issue Strat. Its on Ebay now, as I cant think of one good enough reason to keep it. Who ever would have thought Id sell it because of a Modelling guitar?????????????

and the funniest thing is I just love the Sitar patch.................sounds so cool. hehe.

hehe, I come here for your company and support. :D

Dont get me wrong, its not the last guitar Ill own or build, but its a nice addition to whats been a very very long line of guitars.

And anyway, the electronics are gonna be sweet fitted into a Les Paul style double cut a way or maybe a Strat body..........who knows????????????