I have been enlightened. . . .

nonamemx

... there are probably some good push-fit connectors that are much more compact than an RJ-11. (like the ones EMG uses)

What other options are there besides RJ-11? The EMG Quik-Connect connectors (the one for the EMG-89 in particular) looks similar to what you'd find in a computer, for example, to connect the cd drive audio to the sound card. What are these kind of connectors called? The RJ-11 jacks look HUGE in comparison.

I think they're Molex SL .100" connectors - they're also (?) called MPC or MPC-2 in computers. 4 conductor flat crimp-on connectors, and less than half the size of RJ-11s. The trick is going to be finding them in small quantities. I have't looked, but Mouser may have them - there's just so much stuff to wade through to find anything unusual at Mouser.

<edit> I think this is them: Molex Wire-to-Wire C-Grid SL

Edited by lovekraft

:D Cheers for the kind words about the McDonalds straw. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that I've actually put something back into the forum. And hey, it only took 700ish posts. B)

One thing that I did forget to mention is that it still has to be earthed. Have fun guys.

Coax could be good...but it's big and doesn't offer as many places to connect leads....and also doesn't offer the quick snap in fit....

At this point I'm arguing over a moot point....depending on how much room I have I'll likely go with RJ-11....I don't think I could convince myself that I'd get enough of a benefit to bother.....if I had 50 ft of wire in my guitar though...then we'd be talking

coax cable like the cable company uses actually sucks for guitar.. it picksup all sorts of weird crap you can actually take a couple of feet of it coil it together and plug it into an amp and hit it with a drum stick and it sounds like a weird synth drum

coax cable like the cable company uses actually sucks for guitar.. it picksup all sorts of weird crap you can actually take a couple of feet of it coil it together and plug it into an amp and hit it with a drum stick and it sounds like a weird synth drum

Hahahaha....that's awesome...

I never would have expected that...

Probably any connector could work...I just see phone jacks and network cable jacks all day....they're so common....I couldn't really help day dreaming a bit