speedloader

I've never been one for whammy acrobatics, but the Speedloader has the added benefit of quick and easy string changes.

Speaking of smart, good move on B.C. Rich's part to continue having a headstock in order to balance out the aesthetics.

I'm pretty much sold on these things-- it's just a matter of which project to use it on, and when I'll get the chance and money for it.

Greg

I suppose that's a consideration. I rarely change my tuning, so I'd be fine with that; however, I wonder if they'll make special string sets for Drop-D, which is something many people rely on.

Greg

I suppose that's a consideration. I rarely change my tuning, so I'd be fine with that; however, I wonder if they'll make special string sets for Drop-D, which is something many people rely on.

Greg

well i know on standard floyd w/ standard strings..

you can detune from standard E to Drop-D without messing with the locking nut or etc.

I would pretty much keep the fine tuner for hte low E as close to the bottom as i can get it while still being able to keep it tuned to E....and then whenever i wanted to drop it down to D...i'd just use the fine tuner ...

worked for me.

But I dunno if that would work on speedloaders.

It's not that it's not possible....it's just not as easy as with conventional tuners...

it's made more for fine tuning...basically you pop the string in and it's almost in tune already...then you just adjust it

they set up to a tuning range which you pick from what i understand

you set itup the first time where YOU want it,then all subsequent string sets stay in that same pitch,until you change it again

so yes,for switching between tunings alot,you should have more than one guitar

hey derek...bc rich says all the nj series have the speedloader,and they have a seven string warlock nj available(with no picture)

so does that mean the speedloader is available seven string?

Not that i know of :D i keep asking if they're going to come out with a speeloader pro's (duh they really should), i'm holding out for one of those personally...

thats kind of a given for any fully floating guitar B)

hey derek...bc rich says all the nj series have the speedloader,and they have a seven string warlock nj available(with no picture)

so does that mean the speedloader is available seven string?

Not that i know of :D i keep asking if they're going to come out with a speeloader pro's (duh they really should), i'm holding out for one of those personally...

thanks kind of a given for any fully floating guitar B)

yeah...considering i have usually about 5 in working order at any given time...such a thing is not a problem...

hell all i tune to is E,Eb,and D anyway

As far as I know, the only place you can actually get strings from is www.floydrose.com

I have been wanting one of these myself, but am holding out until more string companies come on board.

As far as I know, the only place you can actually get strings from is www.floydrose.com

I have been wanting one of these myself, but am holding out until more string companies come on board.

You can get them at other places like zzounds.com, samedaymusic.com and music123.com.

I think Dean Markley have the exclusive on them... so it'd probably be awhile (if ever) that other string companies come on board.

It's not just good for very fast re-stringing and not having to retune after re-stringing... it's also good for keeping the tuning stable because the lock has been eliminated and no one needs to worry about the strings slipping under the locks when beating the **** out of the whammy. And it looks cool too! What I hate thought is the strings manufacturers issue. I think this is not a smart move they should've gave rights to strings manufacturers to make them!

What I hate thought is the strings manufacturers issue. I think this is not a smart move they should've gave rights to strings manufacturers to make them!

i am sure they will later on...but dean markely are great strings...i tried dadarrio for a while,but i went back to the old standby dean markely

although there is not much difference at all between them

About the string issue, for now, only dean markely make speedloaders, but in a year or two all the major manufacturers will be tooled up to make speedloader strings, and ready to sell them. Also, i can see myself putting a speedloader on a Joe Satriani tribute guitar..........

when i "stretch" my strings...all i do is after i put them on and tune them,i pull the trem bar all the way back and wiggle it just a hair while i hold it for a couple of seconds

then i retune and that is it...they stay completely in tune from then on(except for VERY minor adjustments)until i change them again.

Yeah, it doesn't take very long to "stretch" strings with my (non-speedloader) floyds... but then it could be because I use locking tuners (even with a locking nut.) It may seem counter-intuitive (with having a locking nut) but not having the slack wrapping around the tuning peg might have something to do with it (if you believe the treatise by floyd I just posted above.)

that kinda makes sense, makes me want to install the speeloader i have sitting behind me :D i'm still trying to find the time to demo it on a guitar and give you guys my thoughts on it...