Back with a Question

I'm pretty sure its totally synthetic, and from what ive heard, its extremely durable and has quite a nice tone, suitable for bass guitars. Cort use it on their Curbow series basses, and I think Ibanez have used it for a few bass models too.

Ive never heard of a guitar made out of it, but of course thats not to say its not possible and hasn't been done :D

Ibanez has/had several guitar and bass models made out of Luthite. The ones I have tried were quite OK. The only thing with those guitars was the design, a bit ugly to me...

Its not plexiglass. I was at Cort when they were developing it. Its pretty plasticky, not good for tone. They just wanted an alternative to wood that you could mold into any cool shape you wanted. That's why the Ergodynes are so weird. They asked me what I'd do with it and I said if you're going to be able to mold it, then you don't have to conform to the dimensions of a body blank. I said to do it like the Spectors where you had 3 dimensional movements, where you would have had to use a huge body blank or laminates. The Chromeboy reissues were luthite just because they thought it would withstand the chome and have more longevity, since it doesn't expand or contract.

It was real heavy at first and I suggested pumping more air into the mix. That way you have pseudo-pores, and it should be more woody sounding too. It still sounds plasticky, but that's okay. It's not supposed to be wood. You either like it or you don't. (I can't stand it) :D

a friend of mine has the 5 string ergodyne bass and its got a pretty nice sound imho. 1 active Pup and a piezo bridge could have something to do with it tho lol