paint to use on an acoustic guitar

Me and my friend are making an old looking acoustic guitar into a pretty good looking, and we need to colour it black, so any suggestions about what paint it better to use would be great. (and how)

I have never did this before... I just got my old acoustic guitar from the closet and thought of making a cool looking one.

With an acoustic guitar the more you paint it the less tone/volume you will get.(IMHO)

I would stain it and then lightly clear coat it.(or several coats and sand/polish it back) My friend the graduated from Robbertto-Venn said they teach to have as little finish as you can on an acoustic and still protect it.

• 2 weeks later...
My friend the graduated from Robbertto-Venn said they teach to have as little finish as you can on an acoustic and still protect it.

If you don't mind me asking...who's your friend that graduated from Roberto-Venn?

My friend the graduated from Robbertto-Venn said they teach to have as little finish as you can on an acoustic and still protect it.

If you don't mind me asking...who's your friend that graduated from Roberto-Venn?

He may be misquoted, but I think you know who he is. BTW there is a post in the solid body section asking about the school.

I wonder if my friend will ever post pics of his completed work? I could probably take the digital pics if he wanted too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have sortof finished covering the guitar with paint, but there are those spots visible when the body is turned against the light. How can I get rid of those?

the colour is black.