Fixing a broken headstock

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Litchfield, the repair looks better now with the base coat on. You should have told the guy to send it USPS (United States Postal Service) insured, it would have taken about 4 days from Hawaii. I have a friend and they send stuff here all the time and for letters it only take between 2-4 days. If he used UPS you will be waiting for about 3 weeks. They suck unless you order the UPS next day and it will cost you about $20. Good luck...USPS is one of the best ones, believe me... in some other places it sucks to get stuff mailed, they ask you what it is, and if they know it's somenthing that you bought from other place, they charge you 16%.

Oh, and I've never had any problem with UPS's speed. Usually takes a week or less.

That's if you order UPS air, I got my GNX1 from Musicians Friend and they had the free shipping and it stated 2-5 days UPS Ground and when I checked on the UPS site the deliver time is up to 4 weeks, and that's how long it took, 3 weeks 5 days. And this is on Continental USA, imagine from Hawaii. I will always use USPS, insured and certified so that I know the date it was recieved. It will still be cheaper than UPS.

Oh, and I've never had any problem with UPS's speed. Usually takes a week or less.

That's if you order UPS air, I got my GNX1 from Musicians Friend and they had the free shipping and it stated 2-5 days UPS Ground and when I checked on the UPS site the deliver time is up to 4 weeks, and that's how long it took, 3 weeks 5 days. And this is on Continental USA, imagine from Hawaii. I will always use USPS, insured and certified so that I know the date it was recieved. It will still be cheaper than UPS.

Bullshit. USPS is only cheaper for small items, and they never have exact dates of delivery. UPS is THE ONLY WAY I would even consider shipping a small item. Groung takes anywhere from 2-7 days in the lower 48, and insurance is free. Even uninsured USPS stuff is at least twice the price.

Bullshit. USPS is only cheaper for small items, and they never have exact dates of delivery. UPS is THE ONLY WAY I would even consider shipping a small item. Groung takes anywhere from 2-7 days in the lower 48, and insurance is free. Even uninsured USPS stuff is at least twice the price.

I don't know why you have to incur in the word BULLSHIT since all that I'm saying is that ALL I have had are bad experiences with UPS Ground, unless you are a share holder in UPS you shouldn't be distressed... I look up my inbox trying to get the e-mail that Musicians Friend send me apologizing for the problem with the delivery, but I did called UPS and I was told by their support rep was that it "USUALLY" takes between 5-8 working days but can take up to 4 weeks, next time you do UPS ground get the tracking number and go to http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi and it will tell you the delivery date. Mine said 4 weeks and thats almost what it took. I AIN"T BSing you or anybody here, that's the last thing I will think about doing since I am here tolearn and have a good time, If I was considering that I wouldn't be posting here but in the rant section... I do respect all of you and I think it was kind a disrespectfull, but that's me I guess all this ARMY and military **** makes me think like that... Also I just got my two guitars sent here from Iraq, USPS insured for $250 ea, it took 7 days, and it costed $23 and some change. And they whent from Iraq to Germany, to NY to MD. What service you want to use is up to you, it's your time and money... so have a nice day!

OK, all I have to say here is that MF has always been like that. I have never had any problems with UPS, and everything I ordered from MF took forever, and the last one I found out that they often order then recieve, then ship. Lets end this. I'll just leave it where it is. I dont like USPS, and prefer UPS. You're the other way around. We both have backups for our claims. Like the board I sent to Canada...$10 UPS $10,000 USPS....no joke.